A Ballet-Inspired Fancy New Manicure
Ballet dancers are some of the most graceful people on earth. Their moves are fluid and effortless, making it seem like they’re floating across the stage. So it’s no surprise that their nails often reflect this elegance with intricate designs.
Inspired by all of the amazing ballet-inspired manis I’ve been seeing lately, I decided to come up with my design. And what could be more fitting for a ballerina than a tutu? So read on to learn how to create this look yourself!
Lovely ballet-inspired nail art
You will need a base coat, white polish, light pink polish, and top coat for this ballet-inspired nail art. Start with a clean, dry base coat. Next, apply two coats of white polish evenly on all nails. Allow the first coat to dry completely before applying the second coat. Once the white polish is dry, use the light pink polish to create a French tip design on each nail. To do this, start at the edge of the nail and paint a small triangle. Then, fill in the rest of the space with light pink polish. Finally, apply a top coat to seal the design and protect your nails from chipping.
While traditional ballet slippers are usually pink or black, you can get creative with your own ballet-inspired nail art design. Try incorporating other colors that represent different aspects of the ballet world. For example, if you’re a fan of The Nutcracker, you could use red and green to represent the iconic scenes from the ballet. You can also add sparkle and glitz to your nails for a more festive look.
If you want a more classical look, try using white and pale colors on your nails. This will give you an elegant look perfect for any special occasion. You can even add a little bit of gold or silver leaf to your nails to give them an extra touch of class.
No matter your style, you can find ballet-inspired nail art designs to suit your taste. So get creative and have fun with your nails!
How to create a ballet-inspired manicure?
Ballet is one of the oldest forms of dance in existence, and it’s also very popular performance art. It was first invented in 15th century Italy, where noblemen would perform in elaborate costumes and use ballet to display their wealth. Nowadays, many different dance types have been influenced by ballet, including hip-hop and modern dance.
If you love dancing or enjoy drawing inspiration from this beautiful form of expression, then why not try creating your ballet-inspired manicure? Here are some great ideas to help get you started:
- Choose colors that represent the traditional colors worn by ballerinas on stage – typically black, white, pink, and light blue.
- Use a base coat of pale pink or white polish, then add some delicate black lines to create the look of a tutu.
- Draw inspiration from famous ballets like Swan Lake or The Nutcracker by creating a manicure that features sparkly silver and white glitter, representing snowflakes.
- If you want something a little more dramatic, try painting your nails in all black, then adding a single stripe of white down the center of each nail – this will help create the look of ballet slippers.
- Adding some small gemstones to your manicure is also a great way to give it some extra sparkle and elegance – add a few rhinestones to the tips of your nails or in the center along the stripe.
No matter which design you choose, creating a ballet-inspired manicure is a beautiful and unique way to show off your love of this elegant art form. So why not get creative today and start dreaming up your stunning ballet-inspired look?
Designer Dance Floor, edited by Martha Hansen in 2010, continues its original stated policy to maintain the highest standards of criticism and illustration, give voice to leading authorities, encourage high standards of teaching, encourage awareness of dance history and stress the importance of dance in education.